– 200g dark chocolate
– 100g butter
– 100g sugar
– 4 eggs plus 2 yolks
– 4 tbs flour
– Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double broiler. Stir until smooth and let cool 10 minutes.
– In another bowl, whisk eggs and yolks together with sugar until the mixture becomes pale.
– Stir in flour into egg mixture.
– Slowly pour melted chocolate into flour/egg mixture. Stir well.
– Pour into dish and bake at 180° for 15 minutes (or 8 to 10 minutes if you make individual fondants)
– Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
The idea is that the center of the cake should still be partly liquid. The contrast between the warm cake and the ice cream is delicious. For Valentine’s Day, try to use a heart-shaped pan if you have one, and decorate the cake by dusting powdered sugar on it and placing a few raspberries around it to add a touch of red!