Everyone loves Spring
After a long winter, we all enjoy the sunshine and the warmth, the chirping of the birds and the re-birth of nature. But did you know that:
- Children grow faster during the Spring
- Around 1800 bird species (out of 10,000) migrate in the Spring, returning home after going away for the winter.
- The first Spring flower to bloom is often the dandelion. The flower was originally from Asia and can be used as food and medicine.
- Spring fever is real! In the Spring, when the temperature rises, blood vessels expand and some people get an energetic feeling.
- Spring cleaning may date back from the Persian New Year with a practice called “Khoneh Tekouni” or “Shaking the House”. Or it could come from the ancient Jewish cleaning of the house in preparation for Pesach.
- A myth says that at the Spring equinox, and only then, can you stand a raw egg on its end. This is just a myth. With a little practice, you can do that at any time of the year.
- Spring is time for love and new beginnings. It is the symbol of rebirth.
These are all excellent reasons why we should all take time and enjoy this season. But here is the best one of all: there is nothing more soul-affirming than to witness with our own eyes that after a difficult, cold and dark period, we can always count on seeing beauty and light again. This is what Spring is really about.