So you are neither an athlete nor what would exactly call a “love champion”. For most of your life you’ve been struggling to get in shape, both physically and emotionally, and you are getting a bit discouraged. Here is our advice: Don’t let yourself down. Take care of yourself, get in shape and happiness might soon be knocking at your door. Here is why:
- Being in good physical shape is a sign that you value yourself. It also signals to others that they should value you.
- Physical activity releases endorphins, which is good for the soul. As good as eating chocolate, and much better for the waistline.
- Exercising helps to release tensions: exercise and you will be less likely to be nervous or grumpy with others.
- Practicing a sport often forces you to push your limits … and boosts your self-esteem. Having a good self-esteem is essential in a relationship. It is very hard for others to love you if you don’t love yourself.
- Being more athletic will make you feel and look younger. Athletic people are less likely to suffer from little aches and pains than sedentary people. They also have better posture, more toned bodies and a better self-image. A measure of self-confidence is often attractive.
- Getting involved in a sport activity will allow you to meet new people. You may not find your soulmate among your teammates but maybe among the friends of friends … And developing social skills is always helpful.
Engaging in a sport is accessible to everyone – including you – no matter your age or your physical condition. And with all the sports available, it would be hard for you to not find one that is suitable. So change your life, start moving and see what happens!
And of course, don’t forget to come to Berlin for the Maccabi Games 2015, where real inspiring athletes will be competing in the biggest Jewish sports event of the year and where a lot of fun will be had by all!